Even with the improving state of our economy, some employers can’t afford to offer bonuses or raises to their staff. However, we all know how important it is to show appreciation for employees. That’s why, even when pay raises or bonuses aren’t available, there are other ways to offer incentives and reward workers. Here, you will find a list of the many different ways you can show your appreciation to employees. If you’re tired of using outdated applicant tracking systems, try Recruiteze. Our recruiting software does more than resume formatting. Click here for a free trial.
- Offer a parking spot of the month. Sometimes, having to walk half a mile from the parking lot to the building is irritating and difficult. Having a parking spot of the month will give employees an incentive to do better and show your appreciation.
- Give a reserved parking spot to employees who continually outperform. They’ll be so thankful for this opportunity. Sometimes, offering a prime parking spot may seem minuscule. However, those who can avoid a hike from the parking lot will be very thankful for this reward.
- Offer an extra vacation day to those who should be getting a pay raise but won’t. Even when your company is unable to budget in pay raises, they should be able to offer a paid day off to those who deserve it.
- Send out birthday cards to employees. Use their home addresses so that they’ll be able to receive them outside the workplace. This will be a meaningful way to say thanks and reward them for great service.
- Have a luncheon once a month. This can be catered or you can take employees out. Set goals for them to achieve each week and if they do so provide lunch for them once a month.
- Offer a stocked break room full of drinks and snacks for employees. This is a simple, yet meaningful, way to show your appreciation. To go a step above, ask each employee what their favorite drink or snack is and keep those stocked if you can.
- If your employees have children who are raising money for school or another organization, donate money or purchase the things they’re selling.
- Give employees a gas card that you continually add five or $10 to once a month. This might not seem like a large amount of money to offer, but it is a great help for those who drive for work or just to work every day.
- For businesses that can do so, offer to allow employees to work from home once a week. While not all businesses will be able to do this, there are some that can. Take advantage of this amazing opportunity for your employees.
- Create a day pass for a day off of work that can be turned in at a moment’s notice, no questions asked. Reward an employee with this day pass each month.
- Have a family picnic day in the park. Offering to provide your employees’ families with a day of fun and food is a great way to show appreciation to your workers and their families.
Did you find a great way to reward your employees? If so, be sure to continue offering these incentives and rewards all year long! If you’re looking for more options, be sure to check back with our next blog post. You will find many more ideas there.
Best Free Applicant Tracking Systems for 2018
When you need help with recruiting talent online, make the right choice by using Recruiteze! Recruiteze is one of the best online recruitment software packages on the market. Our free applicant tracking systems allows your job candidates to apply to open positions and be added to your talent database immediately. As an end-user and customer, you can go online anytime and anywhere to access your candidates’ resumes and make any necessary changes. We make recruiting easy because Recruiteze also comes with a custom job board. Our online recruitment systems allow candidates and customers easy access to information and create a level of professionalism expected in today’s marketplace.
We’ve taken the redundant administrative work out of recruiting. Don’t hesitate to use our free online recruitment systems to help reduce the time consuming process of hiring new employees and filtering through resumes and applications. If you have any questions or are interested in our enterprise package that offers unlimited access to all our services contact us today!