iReformat is the first fully automated resume formatting service for recruiters, staffing agencies, outsourcing companies and RPO companies who send resumes to clients and hiring managers. With its technology, iReformat can take a job seeker resume and convert to a client presentable format, using pre-defined resume templates within seconds.
This guide will show how to do resume formatting using the web app. Once you sign up for the iReformat service, two default resume templates are created for you.
NOTE: We offer one custom resume template free with each account, if you signup for the service. Please contact support at recruiteze dot com to get help to setup your custom resume template.
Once you create an account or when you login to the web app, you automatically land on the resume reformat page like shown in the image below:
Once on the resume reformat view, you will need to select or drop an existing resume using the file selection control shown in image below:
The other thing you need to do, is pick a resume template from the drop down, right below the file selection control. You can pick one of the two default templates.
VMS template refers to Vendor Management System template, it will not have a header and footer. Also the bold formatting is removed throughout the resume.
These are the only two options you will need to format a resume, to select/upload a resume and pick a resume template from the dropdown. Once the resume is uploaded, the “Verify & Update Info” button is enabled.
The other options on this tab are shown in the image below:
Skills: You can enter the skills/keywords that need to be highlighted(shown in bold) in the formatted resume. This works in conjunction with the Highlight Options dropdown. You need to enter skills/keywords seperated by commas in this field.
The following Skill Highlight Options are available, which are explained in detail
- Remove All Highlight
- Highlight Skill(s)/Keyword(s)
- Highlight Skill(s)/Keyword(s) Sentences
- Keep all Higlight
- Remove all Highlight and Highlight Specified Skills/Keywords
– When this option is selected, all the bold formatting is completely removed from the final formatted Resume.
– When this option is selected, the skills entered in the skills field are highlighted (shown in bold) in the final formatted resume.
– When this option is selected, the whole sentences with the skills entered in the skills field are highlighted (shown in bold).
– When this option is selected, no highlighting changes are made in the formatted resume, it will be exactly as in the original resume.
– When this option is selected, all the bold formatting in the resume will be removed first, then the Skills specified in the skills field are highlighted in the resume.
Next is another optional step to select the recruiter/user whose information needs to be on the formatted resume.
As seen in the image above, the Recruiter can be any one of the users for the company and they can be selected from the drop down. Also some of the fields can be changed as required to be displayed in the final formatted resume.
When you click on the “Verify & Update Info” button, it will take you to the parsed candidate information view. Here you can update any fields that are incomplete for the template.
The only two required fields are the candidate first name and last name.
When you click on the “Reformat & Download” button, you will see a progress indicator like shown in the image below:
After the formatting is complete, you will see a file save as dialog like shown below:
Thanks for trying out our service. We value your feedback, please send an email to support at recruiteze dot com, if you have questions/suggestions/feedback.
If you have Office 2013 or greater version installed on your computer, you can also do all the same things described above within Word using our iReformat Office App. Click on this link to see How to do Automated Resume Formatting using Word 2013.