With the advent of modern cloud based software, it is easier than even ever to subscribe to an enterprise class candidate management system at an affordable price. If you are having issues managing your candidates, resumes, notes, communication, and schedules you should seriously consider a candidate management system. Read our other article on why using a recruitment tracking spreadsheet is a thing of the past.
If you have more than 50 resumes on your hard disk, you seriously need a candidate management system. Making good hiring decisions can happen only when you have all the information in one place. If your recruitment data is spread across spreadsheets, emails, and documents it is hard to remember all the information when making hiring decisions. Sometimes, you may want to analyze your hiring decisions even after the hire. By looking at your past data you can make better hiring decisions in the future.
Recruiteze is the perfect simple small business candidate management system, that is cloud based and available as a subscription. With Recruiteze, you can manage your careers page, jobs, candidates, communication, and notes in one place.
Consider the case where you have one recruiter using their email to communicate, schedule and hire a candidate. When the recruiter leaves the company, all that information is lost. When a new recruiter joins the organization, they will have to start all over again. You cannot have a standard operating hiring process, if it is spread across different individuals, email accounts, and spreadsheets.
This is where a candidate management system can streamline your processes.
Top 14 Features of a Candidate Management System
Here are the top features to look for in a candidate management system:
1. Ability to post jobs – You should be able to post jobs in your candidate management system. Once a job is posted, all the applications, notes, communication, and scheduling can be associated with a job.
2. Careers page – Ability to create a custom careers page and display your posted jobs. This is very important you subscribe to the right service, since you will need a service that allows you to customize the logo, headers and colors to match your employer brand. Check our article on how to do create your careers page with Recruiteze.
3. Careers page widget – This is another important feature, which will allow you to insert the careers page widget into your careers page. It is very important that it is very easy to implement and manage.
4. Personalized application acknowledgement – You should be able to create a personalized application acknowledgement. It is very important that you address the candidate in the email. This enhances the candidate experience. Based on a study, most job applicants expect a confirmation acknowledging the application. They would also like to know the next steps after the application. Here you can let them know how you are going to communicate them about the next steps.
5. Custom application – You should be able to create a custom application to help you prescreen candidates. A few additional questions or information can help to quickly filter out the right candidates that suit your needs.
6. Custom candidate workflow – This is a very important feature. You should be able to put the candidate through the workflow. You should be able to customize the workflow. Based on what we have heard from our users, we have created a standard workflow explained in detail in this article. But you do not have to require all the steps. If you are a small business, your workflow can be just 8 steps:
- Review application
- Reject application
- Phone screen complete
- Schedule interview
- Offer candidate
- Decline candidate
- Candidate accepted offer
- Candidate declined offer
7. Workflow notes – You should be able to record a note for each workflow step. This is very important to understand why the candidate was put into that state. This also helps you review the hiring process.
8. Workflow Notifications – You should be able to notify the candidate, hiring manager, or another colleague through email notifications your decision for that step and candidate. This can also involve attaching the resume of the candidate. This can involve scheduling interviews, sending rejection notifications, acceptance notifications, or anything from your custom workflow.
9. Create email templates – You should be able to create email templates, especially workflow email templates. This will greatly enhance the standards of your communication. This also shows a lot of professionalism when everyone in the company has a standard communication for each step. It also avoids any discrimination based on any factor. This is one or the most important features along with the ability to create a custom workflow.
10. Notes – Ability to add and edit notes and the ability to attach documents as notes. Attaching a document helps when you want to add additional information like reference notes or any other candidate specific documents. This will also allow help you consolidate the information associated with a candidate in one place.
11. Tracking communication – When you communicate to the candidate from the candidate management system you are able to track communication. You should be able to view all the communication history in one place. This will help you make informed decisions.
12. Edit candidate – You should be able to edit the candidate information. You should always strive to keep the candidate information complete. Whenever you talk to the candidate you should ask them if all their contact information is still the same. If it has changed, you should update the database immediately, so that you keep the most up to date information.
13. Repository – You should be able to build your candidate repository so that you can keep in touch with the candidates. You will also have a place to go to find the next best candidate, if the one you hired quits in a few months.
14. Reports – You should be able to see the reports to see how many applications were received, how many interviewed, who was rejected and who was hired. This will greatly help you understand the hiring process and will help you increase the efficiency of your recruitment.
Yes, these were all features available only to the Enterprise at one time. Now you can afford it! A modern simple candidate management system costs you about 4 Starbucks lattes in a month. That is worth money spent for all that it has to offer.
Recruiteze Is a Simple Small Business Candidate Management System
Now that you know the most important features of a candidate management system you do not have to look far. Recruiteze is the best small business candidate management system. It offers all the features you need at an affordable price. With Recruiteze you can manage your hiring process efficiently because you will have all the information in one place. It helps you improve your hiring efficiency by identifying areas of improvement with the available information. You can build your candidate repository, so that you can go back to the next best candidates. Try Recruiteze free today!