This knowledgebase article pertains to Recruiteze: Candidate Management System product.
The candidate workflow is the most important feature of a candidate management system. Recruiteze is proud to add a highly customizable, advanced and simple to use workflow feature to our product.
This feature is available with the paid version of our software. Candidate workflow is available from all the candidate views. It works exactly the same from all the views.
For purposes of this article, we will use the “All Candidates” feature as an example. In the all candidates list, when you expand the details of a candidate, you will see a new tab called Workflow. This is where all the workflow related actions and data is available.
To begin with, to use the candidate workflow feature. Please select a job requisition from the job selector widget at the top of the view like shown below.
Once the job is selected, now you can put the candidate through the workflow. If the candidate is not already associated with the job, you will need to add the candidate to the selected job. This help article details how to add the candidate to the job.
Once the candidate is associated with the job. The workflow view changes to show the available transitions for the candidate like shown in the image below.
We have designed the following workflow transitions that are available by default when you first start using the feature.
- Application Received – This is the first step in the workflow. When a candidate applies for a job from the job application link, they are automatically transitioned to this state. Also when a candidate is manually associated with a job, they are transitioned to this state.
- Application Review Complete – At this step, the recruiter has reviewed the application. They can either reject the candidate or go to the next step of doing an initial phone screen.
- Phone Screen Complete – At this step, the recruiter talks to the candidate to understand the candidate’s skills and experience better to determine the match for the job. After this step, they can either reject the candidate or submit the candidate to hiring manager for feedback.
- Submit Resume for Client Feedback – The recruiter submits to the hiring manager to get initial feedback, whether to pursue with the candidate or not. If the hiring manager shows interest, the candidate can be submitted with proper notes and documentation or reject the candidate for this job.
- Submit to Client – The recruiter submit’s the candidate to the job. Based on hiring manager feedback, the candidate can be either declined or scheduled for an interview.
- Declined By Client – If the candidate is declined by the client, the recruiter can transition to this state.
- Schedule Interview – If the hiring manager wants to schedule an interview, the recruiter can schedule and transition to this state. Based on the interview feedback, the candidate can either be rejected for this job or extended an offer.
- Send Offer to Candidate – Recruiter will transition the candidate to this state, once an offer is sent.
- Rejected by Client – Recruiter will transition to this state, if the candidate fails to get through the interview.
- Candidate Accepted Offer – Once an offer is extended, the candidate can either accept the offer or reject the offer. Recruiter will transition to this state if the candidate has accepted the offer.
- Candidate Declined Offer – If the candidate declines the offer, the workflow will end with this state.
These steps are based on interviews with several recruiters, but you do not have to stick to this workflow steps. If you have a different workflow, just send us an email to support at recruiteze dot com and we will setup your custom workflow for you for free.
During each transition, you can either save the workflow state or save and notify. The other feature you will need for greater efficiency, is the email templates. This help article details how to setup email templates. For the workflow, you will need to setup the specific workflow templates which are available in the workflow feature.
At any workflow transition, email notifications can be sent to either candidate, client, hiring manager or another recruiter/user within your organization. The image below shows the notification email dialog.
The notification email is very similar to sending out any other email. For a notification email, you can select an appropriate workflow template. If you do not have a workflow email template, the templates drop down is shown as empty.
Once a template is selected, the email is composed using the job and candidate details. Optionally with any of the steps, you can send the candidate resume as an attachment. All you need to do is select the checkbox which is marked in the image.
So, now that you have put the candidate through the workflow. At any point you like to see the candidate workflow history. It is available in the candidate submission history in the workflow tab. Image below shows the candidate submission history grid. This grid will show the details of all the jobs for which the candidate has been submitted, and all the workflow states, they have been transitioned through.
That is the workflow feature explained.
Thanks to our users for the feedback. If you have any questions/suggestions/feedback, please send an email to support at recruiteze dot com.
If you are not a customer of Recruiteze. Signing up for the free trial takes you a minute and within 10 minutes you can get completely familiar with our candidate management system.
Recruiteze is the best cloud based small business candidate tracking system. With Recruiteze, you can manage your jobs, career’s page, candidates, contacts, scheduling, communication and notes in one simple interface. Recruiteze is available from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection and a browser to connect. Try Recruiteze candidate tracking system free today!