With the advent of cloud software tools and widely available broadband internet, remote working was possible and growing. But with COVID-19, it has accelerated big time since that is the best alternative to not working at all. This article discusses how a free applicant tracking system can help remote recruiting teams.
Here is a very detailed history of how companies have arrived at the current work from the home situation:
Office workers would like to work from home more often, even after COVID-19.
- More than 55% of executives expect to offer flexible workweeks.
- 83% of office workers would like to work from home at least one day a week.
- 72% of office workers would like to work from home at least two days a week.
- 32% of office workers would like to work from home 100% of the time.
Based on these statistics, it is clear that recruiting agencies need to adapt to this trend and support the recruiters by providing the tools needed to be effective in this new norm.
By now, everyone knows useful communication software like GotoMeeting, Zoom, or Webex is required to collaborate with clients, hiring managers, and candidates.
The recruiters also need excellent online applicant tracking systems to help them work effectively with other team members.
Unless you have a specific use case that requires an on-premise applicant tracking system, cloud software is the way to go.
Here are the different ways a cloud-based applicant tracking system can help remote recruiting teams.
- Accessibility – A cloud-based applicant tracking software is accessible from a browser and any device as long as you have an internet connection. These days most people are connected to the internet either via broadband or from their smartphones. With the availability of public wifi hotspots in restaurants, airports, and public places, internet connection is readily available.
- Collaboration – When all the recruiters are using the same cloud-based ATS, everyone has access to the latest client, hiring manager, and candidate data. Cloud ATS software helps smarter communications with all the actors when each recruiter has access to all previous communications and notes.
- Resume Database – By using an applicant tracking system, you will build your resume database. Every candidate you talk to might not get hired, but they may be a viable candidate for a future job. You need to add them to the database, tag them, and add appropriate notes so that you can submit them for another suitable position. A resume database is as important as the intellectual property for a software company. Seasoned recruiters are adept at building a searchable resume database so that they can submit pre-screened candidates faster.
- CRM – A modern applicant tracking system also acts as a recruitment CRM(Customer Relationship Management). For a recruiter: clients, hiring managers, and candidates are the customers. It is essential to maintain effective communications with all these actors, which comprise recruitment. An applicant tracking system can help immensely in this regard by allowing streamlined communications with customizable email templates.
- Hiring Workflows – A modern applicant tracking system allows you to set up custom hiring workflows. Custom workflow can significantly enhance the hiring team collaboration if it requires input from several team members. It will enable each team member to do their part seamlessly and pass it on to the next member.
- Hiring Metrics – With the use of workflows, the hiring metrics are also readily available. Looking at the hiring metrics, you can quickly see which channels provide the most applicants, how many interviews your team conducts, and how many candidates are hired in a specific period. It can also help to understand individual recruiters’ performance, which in turn can help to understand which hiring techniques are the most effective for the team and organization.
These are some of the inherent benefits of an applicant tracking system for a remote recruitment team.
Applicant Tracking System
Recruiteze is a free applicant tracking system for small businesses to help remote recruitment teams. Recruiteze offers a comprehensive set of features to manage your entire recruitment lifecycle online. With Recruiteze, you can post and publish your job to numerous job boards, including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, Google Jobs, Facebook Jobs, Glassdoor, and others. Recruiteze is also a job application management system; you can process the numerous applications received quickly through customizable workflows. With Recruiteze CRM features, you can manage all your communications and notes in one place. Try Recruiteze free today!