If you are looking for an online applicant tracking system for your small business, and if you are not sure you need it, this article will clear things up for you.
What is an Online Applicant Tracking System?
An online applicant tracking system is what is referred to as a Cloud Based Software or a Software as a Service Application. What this means, once you sign up for a service, it is available on any device that is connected to the internet and has a browser. Mostly used on the desktop, but these services are equally available on the Mobile Devices like Tablets and Smartphones.
The 12 Benefits of an Online Applicant Tracking System
- With an online ATS, you are able to manage your hiring from anywhere. Once you sign up for the service, you can access the Software if you have an internet connection and a browser from anywhere in the world.
- You will always be working with the latest version of the software. Most Cloud Software vendors fix issues and release updates regularly. Make sure you sign up with someone who does these regular updates.
- Easy for remote employees to access and use the Software online. If you have one or more remote Employees anywhere in the world, all of them will have access to the same information always.
- Easy for candidates to access your online job postings either on your Career Portal or on the Job Boards.
- You can drive your career portal through your online ATS. Jobs posted on your online ATS will automatically be available on your career page.
- You can create custom applications for your jobs. When candidates apply for your Jobs, you can capture additional relevant information that will help you filter candidates.
- You will not have stale jobs on your careers page. If you are not using an online applicant tracking system to drive your career’s page, you need to hire someone to manage your Career’s page, otherwise you will have Stale jobs on the site.
- You can cancel anytime with a notice. This is a huge advantage, since your costs are not fixed. If you are a small business running into a cash crunch, you can cancel the service anytime.
- You can downgrade anytime. This is very important, if you need to reduce expenses due to any reason, you should be able to downgrade. Make sure you sign up with a vendor, who retains all your data even after your downgrade. This will help you cut costs quickly and you can always upgrade to get the full featured ATS, when you are ready and require it.
- You can add and remove users as your team increases or decreases, and you will pay only for the number of user’s currently using the system.
- You do not need any server hardware to host your online applicant tracking system.
- You do not need IT Staff to administer your online applicant tracking system unlike Desktop based ATS.
You have read our ATS education series on why and how to choose an ATS. Hope this helps you to make the right decision in choosing the right service for you.
Read these related articles for making the right choice
Simple Online Applicant Tracking System for Small Business
Recruiteze is our simple online Applicant Tracking System, that can manage your hiring process efficiently from anywhere in the world. It is a highly secure and simple system, you can get going within 10 minutes. Try Recruiteze FREE today.