Most people use Apple, Google, or Microsoft products and Facebook on a daily basis. Have you ever thought about working for one of these companies? If not, it might be time to start.
It’s obvious that these companies are successful. You see the names every single day. Why not try working for them? Here’s how! If you’re looking for the best applicant tracking system for small business hiring needs for your company, check out Recruiteze! Recruiteze is the number one recruiting system on today’s market.
How To Work for Google, Microsoft, Apple, or Facebook
There are several tips that you can use to help you get a job with one of these companies.
- Always focus on your accomplishments, a resume should never have vague statements. Always get straight to the point and make sure your wording is used in a way that makes an impact.
- Don’t be scared of applying to companies like Google or Facebook. Yes, they’re used every single day by thousands of people all over the world. But, that doesn’t mean that you’re not good enough to work for them. Be fearless when it comes to getting out there and doing what needs to be done in order to be recognized.
- Once you’ve been noticed by one of these companies, be sure to practice interview questions. Rehearse with a friend or family member. You’ll be surprised at how well you do after you’ve rehearsed once or twice. Also, be sure to rehearse your story. Talk about your accomplishments, leadership and influence. Don’t be scared to ask questions, either. Be sure to prepare questions that you can ask these companies during an interview.
- Online job boards are a great way to make yourself known in the virtual world. Comment on professional blogs, industry forums and engage on Facebook and Twitter. You’ll be able to leave a digital footprint that leads back to your online portfolio. That way recruiters are able to identify you and remember you as you often engage with them online.
- Online portfolios are one of the most beneficial ways to get recognized. Even if you’re not trying to get a job with one of these highly successful businesses, an online portfolio will help you in your overall job seeking efforts. Be sure to add all of your major accomplishments, experience, education and a description about yourself. Don’t leave out accomplished work outside of the professional world, as well.
- Resumes are required for most companies when applying for a job but they don’t have to be an entire novel. Instead, make one that is short and straight to the point. Most recruiters only look at resumes for a minimum of eight seconds to a maximum of 15 seconds. Then, they put it in the yes or no pile. Try to stick with one page and make sure it is impressive and outstanding.
- Sometimes, starting a small company in the technology world is a great way to get yourself noticed. If you have initiative, creativity and leadership skills, why not develop a software company? You can hire or outsource depending on your needs.
- Try visiting job fairs and tech events. These are great ways to network and get personal references. Sometimes, using job boards online is not as simple as it sounds. Being personable and being able to see and talk to people face-to-face means a lot.
Depending on the type of career you’re searching for within these large corporations, you should have at least three or more of the following skills and experience:
- Agile methodologies
- Art direction
- Business analysis
- Cloud computing
- Customer service
- Data analysis
- Data mining
- Enterprise software
- Graphic design
- Information architecture
- Machine learning
- Product marketing
- Project management
- Software development
- User interface design
- Web design
We hope this information helps you get your foot in the door with one of these major corporations. It’s pretty exciting to think that you can work for a company that is so recognized all over the world. However, it won’t be easy. Hard work and dedication is the key. Remember, be fearless, focus on accomplishments, create an online portfolio and get yourself out there and available.
Need a Free Applicant Tracking System for Small Business Recruiting In 2017? Try Recruiteze
An applicant tracking system for small business hiring not only manages your recruiting, but it also keeps track of your talent and hiring decisions. The average job posting receives about 250 resumes, that’s a lot of resumes to filter, track, and manage in an efficient manner. With our online recruiting system, like Recruiteze, you can manage your jobs, applications, candidates, communication and hiring notes.
We not only help you streamline your recruiting process, but we also give your candidates more confidence in your hiring process and company. Try Recruiteze for free today.